Two articles that discuss grading and studying, for your reference.
The issues that stand out for me and criteria that I’m considering for this class are:
1. skill to describe/articulate and form a design problem
2. participation in the studio/contribution to the studio culture
3. ability to transform concepts through development and refinement
4. mastery of materials and craft in completing project (to the level required)
5. synergy and aesthetics – ability to create forms and relationships – to put things together – in a complete and ‘appropriate’ manner